Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Blog #47: In the book I'm reading, "A Million Little Pieces", the main character, James, seems to be getting better. The Doctor has him on a lot of drugs. Some of the drugs sort of paralyze him. To me that seems kind of creepy, but it sounds like James enjoys it cause it sooths his pain and agony. A lot of the time at rehab, James seems uncomfortable. I can try to understand this cause he's probably really uneasy about being there. When James first got to the rehab center he looked like crap. A hole on the side of his face, barely any teeth, and his nose is bent out of shape from being broken before. He takes some visits to a few Doctors to fix him up. He gets kind of nervous before his visits. I think that's relateable for a lot of people. The nose Doctor has to re-break his nose in order to move the cartilage into a straight line. You kind of cringe when you read that section of the book. Another Doctors stitches the sides of his cheek back together, which I also found a little disgusting. Over all, I think this is a really good book.

No comments: